Marching for change
Register to take part now
Walk at your own pace, in your own way
SHOUT ABOUT IT
Add your distance to the totaliser and join our global journey around the earth’s circumference
We made our steps count
Some of us walked for the girls across the world unable to access proper education. Some of us marched for those whose lives and livelihoods are being devastated by the climate crisis. Some of us walk for those who barely have enough food to survive.
Together we walked the Earth’s circumference, almost twice over, to demand a just and more equal post-COVID society.
We are going to the ends of the Earth.
Taking part is easy. All you need to do is register online, create a profile and start walking.
You can walk, run, or wheel at your own pace, in your own way, on your own or in a group.
Together, we aim to complete a journey around the Earth (40,000 km) but individually there is no minimum or maximum limit that you have to walk.
We’re marching to change the broken system that has left so many people around the world without incomes, food, healthcare or basic safety. And we’re also raising funds to help those who are suffering most. By asking others to sponsor your walk, you can make a big difference to families hit hard by the pandemic:
- US $15 can equip a child in India to return to school
- US $20 can reach 1,000 people in Kenya with crucial health information about Covid-19
- US $25 can feed a family of five in Colombia for two weeks
- US $400 can provide a whole village in Vietnam with a well for clean water now, and for years to come
Across Africa, Europe, Asia and the Americas, our walkers are pounding city streets, trekking remote rural paths, or pacing out the confines of their own homes under lockdown. They’ve never met, yet they are united by their hope for a better, fairer world for all. Get to know some of them, and find out why they are #WalkingForSurvival.
Giuditta Strada, Italy
Priscilla Chomba, Kenya
Abhijit Patnaik, Myanmar
Suffiatu R Allieu-Moigboi, Sierra Leone
What we are calling for
- Put workers and communities first
- Health care, education and social protection for all
- Stop violence against women and racial discrimination
- Sustain the Earth so it can sustain us
- Tax the rich and big companies fairly
- Cancel the debt that developing countries owe to the rich world
Register to take part now. Join us at your own pace, in your own way. You can add your steps to our global total, and add your voice to our global chorus.
The poorest and most vulnerable were hit hardest by Covid-19 and will be worst affected by its aftermath.
People like Mavisse for whom drought is a constant presence, with slow starvation a daily reality for her and her children. Decades of irresponsible free market policies have left billions, like Mavisse, living on the margins of destitution.
From the ashes of disaster, there is an opportunity for change on a scale we’ve never seen before. We’re asking you to join us to demand world leaders #WalkTheTalk.
- Pam just donated $400
- Charles and Sue just donated $20
- Raul Sanchez just donated $200
- Robert Fox just donated $53
- Christina and Jose Sanchez just donated $106
- Karen MacAuslan just donated $100
- Anonymous just donated $50
- Araddhya Mehtta just donated $15
- Byron Gomes just donated $53
- Tim Gomes just donated $26.50
- Peter Hampshire just donated $26.50
- Diane just donated $26.50
- Alessia just donated $53
- Alessia just donated $53
- Titta just donated $106
- alessia affinita just donated $31.80
- Franco STRADA just donated $68.90
- Scott just donated $1.06
- Luis just donated $26.50
- Antony just donated $26.50
Find out more about the impact your donations make